We are happy to welcome you to the second edition of the Grächen Berglauf on Saturday 5 September 2020!
Entry is open to anyone aged 18 and over. You will follow a beautiful and challenging route taking you right to the edge of the awe-inspiring Riedgletscher. Please be aware this is a tough mountain race and we recommend prior experience of running and hiking on mountain terrain. Please email email@example.com if you need advice on your suitability.
Registered runners will receive the final runner information by email on Tuesday 1 September. Contact the race organisation at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with any questions.
Due to the current covid-19 pandemic the race will operate within strict Swiss federal guidelines. Your registration is subject to acceptance of these protocols and disregard will invalidate your registration and result in immediate disqualification. The protocols are to safeguard your health and that of your fellow runners, the race volunteers and the community of Grächen. Working together we can have a safe and happy event and we look forward to welcoming you soon here in Grächen!1
Registration is open until Friday 4 September
Entry fee: 65 EUR
The registration fee includes:
- Race bib number and chip timing
- Baggage storage
- 1 or 2 checkpoints provisioned with water and snacks
- First aid / medical support
- Participation gift
- On photo booth at the finish in Grächen
- Overall and category prizes according to ranking
Recommendation: to protect your health we recommend you do not enter the race if you are in a high-risk group for COVID-19. The Swiss government defines this as people over the age of 65 and adults with high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, cancer or who have a disorder or are undergoing treatment which weakens the immune system.
Entry to Switzerland: If you are coming from outside Switzerland please take note of the latest restrictions on entry. Runners subject to quarantine or self-isolation will not be permitted to start.
- Information for travellers
- Information on mandatory quarantine for persons arriving from a country or area with an increased risk of infection
Entry restrictions are continually updated according to the changing situation.
Cancellation: No refunds can be given. Name change is permitted until Friday August 28 only on written application to email@example.com Only registered runners can receive their bib number on showing ID.
Event cancellation: We hope that the coronavirus situation in Switzerland will remain stable. In case of any deterioration such that we cannot reasonably continue with the event we will offer a full refund (minus credit card fees ~3%).
For your protection our medical staff will conduct a health check at race registration. This will include questions about your medical & travel history and a temperature check. If we have any doubt over your health you will not be allowed to start. You will be placed in isolation until testing / transport to the nearest hospital in Visp can be arranged. Please help us to help you!
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Do not travel to Grächen if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you have been in contact with a positive case within the last 14 days.
- Present yourself to our designated medical staff if you develop symptoms at any point after your arrival in Grächen until your departure.
- Notify us if you develop symptoms / test positive for COVID-19 at any time during the 14 days post race so that we can inform the health authorities and contact tracing can be undertaken.
This is a mountain run and we require you to carry the mandatory equipment at all times. You will receive your bib number only after your equipment has been checked at race registration prior to race start on Saturday morning. Race personnel can also carry out spot checks at any time during the race.
- hand sanitizer
- emergency blanket
- headgear (buff, bandana or hat)
- capacity to carry 1 litre water
- windproof jacket*
*bad weather forecast: hooded waterproof jacket – in case this is needed you will be notified by email and sms by 6am on Saturday 5 September.
Please check the additional regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Registration in the race automatically confirms your acceptance of these plus any additional regulations required due to the pandemic situation at the time of the race.
The route will be marked with official flagging. Please note that in case of bad weather the race organisation reserve the right to change the route. Any changes will be communicated to participants by 6am on Saturday 5 September and marked accordingly.
Friday 28 August – Registration closes / final runner information available
Saturday 5 September
- 07.30 to 09.30 – Registration & health and equipment check
- 10.00 – Race start
- 11.30 – First runners expected to finish in Grächen Dorfplatz
- 16.00 – Close of the Berglauf in Grächen
- 16.30 – Children’s race in Grächen
In compliance with the regulations we are unable to offer showers or changing rooms. We suggest you arrive at the race start already in your running clothing. Toilets and bag deposit will be available as normal.
Unfortunately we are also now unable to offer post-race catering. However there is a good choice of cafes & restaurants in the Dorfplatz directly by the finish line who will be happy to serve you. Stay and safely support your fellow runners from a distance!